Jeff Guggenheim is the proud recipient of the 2018 Young Architect Award. From the AIA Portland Announcement:
These awards celebrate and recognize achievement at all levels of the profession within the architecture community in Portland. The objective is to promote engagement within the local chapter and recognize valuable contributions of members who are serving the community and proactively improving the architecture profession.
YOUNG ARCHITECT AWARD
Honors individuals who have demonstrated exceptional leadership and made significant contributions to the architecture profession early in their careers.
Jeffrey Guggenheim, AIA
Principal, Guggenheim Architecture + Design Studio
A very special thank you to Richard Brown, AIA for the nomination and Hope Telford + Kevin Kaplan PE SE for the beautiful supporting letters.
We are honored to announce that Beaverton Christian Church received an Honorable Mention award for the Civic + Public Spaces category at the 2018 IIDA Design Excellence Awards. Read more about the esteemed Jury, including Pantea Tehrani of Bjarke Ingels Group, Melissa Hanley of Blitz, and James Kerrigan of Jacobs at IIDA-OR.ORG
After 7 years in studio F, we've moved across the courtyard to Studio C at The Film Exchange
Guggenheim Architecture + Design Studio
915 NW 19th Ave., Studio C
Guggenheim Architecture + Design Studio is a multidisciplinary creative atelier that integrates architecture, interior environments and brand direction. We've worked with a variety of local, national, and international clients in the areas of retail, hospitality, residential, medical and exhibition design.
We are hardworking, fast-paced but laid-back. We wear many hats and are prepared to visit jobsites, showrooms, and boardrooms in the same day. We work in an open studio, in comfortable but close quarters in NW Portland’s alphabet district.
Our ideal candidate is thoughtful, detail-oriented, collaborative, and eager. All applicants should expect to work hard. Candidates should have a degree in architecture or interior design from an accredited college and 5-7 years relevant work experience in a design-focused office.
The ideal candidates will posses the following qualities
- Discerning design sense with strong graphic and technical skills
- Friendly demeanor with exceptional communication and social skills
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate directly with clients
- Motivated, collaborative and creative problem solver with a strong work ethic
- Willing to both receive and give constructive and critical feedback
- Ability to attend industry and community events as a representative of Guggenheim Architecture
Job duties will include
- Develop and modify design concepts, production drawings and construction documents according to established standards both collaboratively and independently
- Assist in design and operational research, building & systems programming, site and building analysis
- Specify building materials, both exterior and interior
- Develop design presentations
- Assist in basic organizational tasks and administrative duties as needed
Required Technical Proficiencies
- Revit + AutoCAD
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- MAC OS platform
Compensation will be based on experience and abilities.
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume and work samples – both academic and professional – to email@example.com. Information must be bundled into one file. If you have relevant, design-driven Instagram, Pinterest, or Tumbler accounts, please include urls in your resume. No telephone calls or personal visits, please.
We are pleased to begin the new year with the announcement of our practice's new name and brand. Our studio has evolved beyond our expectations since our inception in 2009 and it is time that our brand reflect who we are today. We are thankful that you have supported us on our journey to this pivotal moment in our careers and look forward to continued success for 2015 and far beyond.
Please update your address books with our new contact information. We have a lot of great projects to document in 2015 and look forward to sharing those with you soon.
You can still visit us in the courtyard at The Film Exchange
925 NW 19th Ave
Portland, OR 97209
Jeff and Jenny Guggenheim (and Sadie too!)