Guggenheim Architecture + Design Studio is a multidisciplinary creative atelier that integrates architecture, interior environments and brand direction. We've worked with a variety of local, national, and international clients in the areas of retail, hospitality, residential, medical and exhibition design.
We are hardworking, fast-paced but laid-back. We wear many hats and are prepared to visit jobsites, showrooms, and boardrooms in the same day. We work in an open studio, in comfortable but close quarters in NW Portland’s alphabet district.
Our ideal candidate is thoughtful, detail-oriented, collaborative, and eager. All applicants should expect to work hard. Candidates should have a degree in architecture or interior design from an accredited college and 5-7 years relevant work experience in a design-focused office.
The ideal candidates will posses the following qualities
- Discerning design sense with strong graphic and technical skills
- Friendly demeanor with exceptional communication and social skills
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate directly with clients
- Motivated, collaborative and creative problem solver with a strong work ethic
- Willing to both receive and give constructive and critical feedback
- Ability to attend industry and community events as a representative of Guggenheim Architecture
Job duties will include
- Develop and modify design concepts, production drawings and construction documents according to established standards both collaboratively and independently
- Assist in design and operational research, building & systems programming, site and building analysis
- Specify building materials, both exterior and interior
- Develop design presentations
- Assist in basic organizational tasks and administrative duties as needed
Required Technical Proficiencies
- Revit + AutoCAD
- Adobe Photoshop + Illustrator + InDesign
- MAC OS platform
Compensation will be based on experience and abilities.
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume and work samples – both academic and professional – to email@example.com. Information must be bundled into one file. If you have relevant, design-driven Instagram, Pinterest, or Tumbler accounts, please include urls in your resume. No telephone calls or personal visits, please.